- 33k Twitter followers
- 115k Youtube Subs
- 40k followers on Twitch
- 514 average viewers
- Joined Youtube Sep 26, 2006
- 5,134,277 views on Youtube
Today we are joined by X33N, a 4+ year streaming veteran with over 100k youtube subscribers and 40k twitch followers raking in an impressive 500+ concurrent viewers. His personality and team gameplay orientated channel has lead him through the world of Minecraft at the highest level and has carved out a niche in the Twitch scene as a solid variety streamer. From friendships with CaptainSparklez, to dealing with mental health and investing back into the community, X33N is a man with character and hustle. Come hear the story of how a technical support rep worked his way up to web development manager and a high class streamer through hustle and determination. This, is X33N.
Listen to the Full Podcast Audio
- Tell us who you are and a little about yourself. ( Tag, name, age, where you’re from, something unique about you)
- When and how did you start gaming?
- What types of games do you typically play, and why?
- How did you first get involved with Youtube? What made you decide to start streaming on Twitch while still uploading content to Youtube?
- How did you wind up meeting and working alongside CaptainSparklez? Was he a lifelong friend perhaps, or did you two just hang out in the same circles online and became friends over time?
- Job with sparklz – mianite
- Does your audience ever dictate the direction that you should take your channel, and if so how much of your current content is a result of your audiences feedback? Do you have any examples?
- It’s obvious that you make a lot of Minecraft content. Is there a specific reason that made you want to focus your content around this game?
- What would you say your favorite Aspect of Minecraft is from a content creators POV? Could it be the millions of different servers, and thousands of Modpacks that each offer their own unique experiences perhaps?
- How did you first get introduced to the rabbit hole of Modded Minecraft? Was it a specific modpack/series like the popular pack’s by Direwolf20?
- Getting into modding Minecraft isn’t an easy task, as learning both how to use different mods and what each is about can be a pretty daunting task. How did you go about this?
- Besides Ultra Modded Revival, do you have any favorite modpacks that you may play in your Downtime or wish you could play more?
- It’s normal for content creators that focus heavily on one type of game to eventually encounter “burn out” for that specific game or even games in general. Have you ever experienced this? If so, what measures do you put in place to help prevent this from happening to you?
- If someone from your community wanted to start their own Youtube Channel, are there any tips that you would recommend that could help them out when starting their channel? Maybe some common errors that they should watch out for?
- Were there any hurdles that you experienced when growing your channel that you did not expect? How did you overcome them?
- There are so many content creators for Minecraft now. If someone from your community wanted to produce content around this game, would you recommend they do, or try and find a different path?
- There are a lot of other Minecraft content creators around. Are there any “common errors” that you see others making that they should be aware of, when trying to become known within the community?
- Tell us more about your journey through becoming a content creator. Did you ever think that you would be able to beat the odds and gain as much success as you did?
- During your journey of becoming a content creator, what would you say your most memorable moment has been?
- What would you say your biggest accomplishment as a Youtuber has been so far?
- You seem to have a very active community that clip a lot of great moments on your channel. Do any of these moments stand out to you as a favorite?
- Are there any “big plans” in the works that you would that either us, or anyone from your community should keep eye out for?
- Besides your OPSEAT, what would you say your favorite peripheral is that you use on a day to day basis with your channel?